22.10.12

Seagull






Coming up with the fabrics for this quilt was fun! My client was heaps of fun too! I had a dead line as my client contacted me with short notice to get this made.  She had plans to take this as a wedding gift with her to Switzerland. She made the wedding and I made the dead line!

The bride and groom live in a Swiss chalet but traveled around Australia and fell in love with our relaxed way of life. My client told me they loved the beach, and I was to use this as my inspiration incorporating greens, blues, red and hint of pink. As the bride is stylish and the groom swiss royalty I also wanted it to be sophisticated, relaxed, cosy, and screaming Australiana without it being tacky or kitsch!

I used fabrics featuring native fauna, seagulls, sail boats, and cactus's with the colours of our beaches and the outback as inspiration.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

It's a beautiful quilt Kathryn. You have such an amazing eye the way you put together all the fabrics.

buckleyjade said...

I've just came across your blog and love the first post, Australian flora prints always get me. It's a beautiful quilt