15.1.13

Summer Bird



 



Headed to Bribie Island QLD......the quilt that is not me......would be nice though!!!!!

A celebration is being held for a little babe turning one. As she is a Summer baby I thought this name would suit.  I was asked to create a quilt for her special gift using some of the fabrics from 'The Grey Teal"  and the "White Crowned Sparrow" as well as a few others she had spotted throughout this blog. Turns out to be a sweet collaboration of muted shades in grey, cream, baby blue, pink, teal and oatmeal.

13 comments:

Michele @ The Hills Are Alive...... said...

so lovely

Malea said...

Love these colours, such a pretty quilt that'll grow with the lucky little recipient!

MummaFox said...

You have such a talent of blending fabrics together. A wonderful mixture of muted hued and pattern. Www.PoppyFoxathome.com

Suz said...

Very pretty. I love feminine old worldly quilts.

Suz said...

Lovely quilt. I love the feminine softness of it.

Jane said...

love it. such a gentle quilt. I'm sure it will be loved. Jx

michelle said...

So beautiful!!! I had a doona cover made of the fabric featuring the cat and reclining girl growing up :-)

Nell said...

Ooh I really love this one! Beautiful!

Katrina@capturingmomentss said...

The colours used here are gorgeous. So feminine and cosy. Love that I have found your blog.
www.capturingmomentss.blogspot.com

Dee Wilcox said...

It's lovely! So understated, but so much attention to the details. I'm sure it will be cherished.

Jeane M. said...

Lovely shades of neutrals and bold prints. Simply perfect! Got my eye on your next posts.

stone hood said...

such soft, fluffy and beautiful quilt. love it. xo
- Vinnie

Andrea said...

big sigh.....just so in love with your quilts.